TIPS AND TRICKS
HOME AUTOMATION SYSTEM
Technology is constantly evolving, so installing a structured wiring solution is an intelligent investment to future-proof your home.
Automation technology provides the opportunity for you to control audio-visual, lighting, climate control, and security services at your fingertips.
With the ability to create and set scenes that can be triggered at the push of a button, you are given total control over the ambience of your home to ensure the lighting, music and climate of your environment is just right.
By involving Skopik early in the design process, we can ensure that your system is tailor-made to your requirements.
Even if you’re considering a basic WiFi solution throughout your home, get in touch with us to propose a structured wiring solution to ensure your WiFi access points are installed in locations that allow for the best coverage and performance.
Services to consider pre-wiring for:
- Automation and integration
- MATV (Sky, Freeview
- Communication and network (data, phone and WiFi)
- Security, access control and CCTV
- Electrical and lighting
- Energy efficiency and management
- Climate control
- Blinds, shades, curtains and louvres
Tips to help plan your Smart-home during the pre-wire stage:
- Make a list of zones within the home
- Think of services and equipment you would like to access in the zone (i.e. TV’s, Projectors, Speakers, Smart-lighting, Touch-screens, WiFi access points etc.).
- If you feel you don’t immediately require a service but might at a later stage, ensure the necessary cabling is installed during the pre-wire stage. This will eliminate the need for costly retrofit work later down the track.
- Visualise where technology will reside; this will indicate where wall-plates and outlets need to be installed and what styles and colour schemes would fit in with the rest of your house.
- Consider the most logical locations for CCTV, security and access control hardware to be installed to avoid delays in the event of an emergency or invasion.
- Ensure cabling is installed safely, securely and following rules and regulations to avoid electrical hazards, interference and damage